DEBRA Austria is seeking a
Project Manager Clinical Translation Support
to develop and manage an expanding program of support projects, both internal and external, to expedite clinical translation of EB research and delivery of patient benefit. This is an opportunity for a person with a track record in business development and senior project management, initiating and progressing collaborations with diverse partners, including biopharma industry, academic, clinical, and other charitable funding organizations. The successful candidate will have an in-depth understanding and experience of clinical research, and its translation, who is looking to develop a senior role representing both the charity, and the interests of all people with EB, in Austria and internationally.
- Identifying, evaluating and implementing effective initiatives and projects to further clinical translation of EB research, and delivery of better treatments to patients.
- Development of DEBRA Austria’s relationships with key stakeholders (government, charities, regulators, biopharma industry, and other individuals and groups) within Austria and internationally.
- Initiation and management of collaboration with external partners, nationally and internationally.
- Sourcing funding for clinical development initiatives, and management of project milestones to budget and to deadlines.
- Provide support and input as required to all of DEBRA Austria’s activities, notably its research-support.
- Collaborative working with DEBRA International Head of Research and DEBRA Austria Research Manager to:
- Help shape and deliver DEBRA Austria’s clinical R&D strategy
- Manage the DEBRA Austria – EB Haus Austria (centre of EB expertise) relationship
- Develop, and administer DEBRA Austria’s on-line research-grant management system
- Contribute to outreach and communications with key stakeholders on R&D
Expertise and qualifications:
- PhD, or equivalent level of demonstrated expertise and experience in biomedical research Experience of the therapy-development pathway from fundamental and preclinical research through clinical trials to clinical application, its funding and regulation.
- Experience of working and communicating appropriately with senior personnel in biopharma, government organizations, university and hospital administration, and academic researchers (PhD student to Professor).
- Understanding of the principles of intellectual property and its protection and exploitation (in-depth knowledge of negotiating, contracting and technology transfer is not necessary).
- Excellent written and spoken English and German.
- Dedication and enthusiasm for helping people with EB.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Having an innovative and adaptable approach to working with diverse stakeholders.
- Confidence and drive to execute projects from concept to completion.
- Tenacious but diplomatic, ability to understand different perspectives and priorities of external partners, and to work with them.
- Flexibility and an enthusiasm for engaging across all DEBRA’s Austria’s activities.
What we can offer:
- In a highly professional and stimulating work environment, you will have the opportunity to become part of a successful organization, and develop a career contributing to DEBRA Austria’s further progress in the longer term.
- The position of Project Manager for Clinical Translation Support is very diverse, and combines a need for strategic thinking together with roles in coordination and administration.
- Working within a dedicated and highly collaborative team, you will have a role that offers strong personal motivation and reward.
- The position is based in DEBRA Austria’s office in central Vienna – a modern work environment in a traditional building, with good public-transport access.
- This post has a starting salary of EUR 35.000,- to 45.000,- gross p.a. (based on a full-time role, 40 hours / week), with supplemental payments subject to qualifications and professional experience.
Please send your cover letter and your resume by February 25th 2018